A conversation with my six year-old this morning, (and stepping on that evil scale) gave me that little push I needed to restart. Again. When I logged on this morning and realized that my most recent post before today is 5 days shy of being four months old, I kinda cringed. I didn't let myself read that post. I'm pretty sure it was another "I'm starting over" post. And yet, here I am again, starting over. What's my problem? Why can't I stick with it? Probably because I'm not allowing myself the time to write at least once a week. And if I don't write, I won't keep myself honest. I'm only lying to myself, and hurting me and my kids, so why don't I just do it? It's time for me to examine my time and find a way to get things done while allowing myself some computer time to get this thing done!
I quit smoking. I have joined the world of "vaping". I went to All About Vapor and picked up a starter kit on 6/19. A week and a half ago. In the beginning I continued to smoke a few tobacco cigarettes while transitioning to my e-cigarette. Today begins day 6 of being tobacco free! I am so excited. I plan on doing a review of this store and their product. That post will be published soon. But I am so proud of myself! I'm kicking the ass of all of my vices, one at a time.
I mentioned in the first sentence that I stepped on that evil scale. I don't know, maybe it's broken? I'm not trying to be funny by saying that. My clothes don't fit me correctly anymore. They're tight. You can see my back fat rolls because of the way my shirts hug to me now. BUT the number on the scale hasn't changed. It's just a number. It does not define me. But it sure as hell is hard to look at! But, harder than that to look at is my reflection in the mirror. So it's time to reexamine where I'm at and what I need to do.
I've determined that part of my problem is that I'm an instant gratification kind of girl. If I eat right and exercise, shouldn't I lose weight? Like immediately!? Another problem I have - and a more serious one - I'm not sure I know how to eat right and exercise. I mean, I've got the Wii with a couple of workout games, but I'm not convinced that those are really doing much. And it's hard to use those when someone else is always begging for the TV. Eating right is hard too. I admit that I don't really know how to read labels. I have used Weight Watchers in the past. It really did help with that part. The problem is I can't afford the monthly membership fee. Also, with my "digestive issues" I have a hard time eating anything if I'm not at home. Sometimes I can, other times I can't. So it's not uncommon for me to go a few days only eating an evening meal. NOT good for the body or weight loss, I know. I need to build my clientele base so that I can afford a few visits with a nutritionist or dietitian and a personal trainer. Unfortunately, clientele building is a ssssllllooooooooowwww process. But I will get there.
Anywho, here goes again. Another restart.....
Johnna..... you have got this!!! And if you want, I will help you stay accountable! <3 ya girl!!!!
ReplyDeleteA start even a restart is better than never starting again. :-) Great job on the quitting smoking! It is hard to do.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on quitting! That's huge!!
ReplyDeleteIt is really hard to start over and keep at it. For me, I've found that being in an accountability group (like on FB) or having an accountability partner REALLY helps me. Someone (online or real life) that you'll give updates to every single day, and who you're completely honest with.
I also really like My Fitness Pal for keeping track of my food (I did WW too). But, it automatically sets you at 1200 calories, and that wasn't enough for me. I changed it to 1500.
Are you on Pinterest? That can be great for finding healthy recipes and meal plans.
Good luck!
I am proud of you for restarting. Sometimes we have to hit the reset button several times before things click. We are here to cheer you on
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxoxo
Hang in there girl! Stopping many vices at one time puts your psyche into shock! Baby steps. We are here for you!
ReplyDeleteGood for you pushing to get back to where you want to be. This process is long and hard but if you set your mind and goals you will be there quicker than you think. I am right there with you on eating and not exactly knowing how to read labels or what is going into my body, but if you research and talk to others,someone out there is always willing to help.
ReplyDeleteKeep at it girl and you will start to notice changes!!