Monday, August 20, 2012

Oh what a week! Monday confessions.

Well what a week this has been. I have tried and tried to bring healthy living lifestyle into the house. I won't say that I have failed because failure is not something I accept. Just have to remind myself, baby steps. I can't expect my family (or myself for that matter) to change overnight and accept those changes without issue. Small victory: I have completely given up soda. While I was at one point, a 12 pack of Dr Pepper a day kind of gal, I recently cut back to every now and then. It has been 2 weeks since I had any soda whatsoever. Can I get a whoop whoop! ;~)  Another small victory is that I have been able to get my husband on board with the idea of change. That's a step in the right direction. You'll notice I said the idea of. I say that for good reason.

The husband:  He has been an over the road trucker for the last 6 months, and has been eating less than healthy meals. Not by choice, it's just hard to send food for a month and for him to create healthy, filling meals out of packaged chicken and tuna without monotony and boredom taking over. He wasn't able to get a good variety, few to no veggies. Non perishables with no way to cook proved to be more difficult than we expected.

So that's his background. He has since found a local job, and is now home to stay - allowing balanced healthy diet. His employer is an avid gardener and brings in fresh produce to share with the employees. How awesome is that! Last week was his first on this job. He brought home lots of fresh squash of various types, fresh cucumbers, a melon and some farm fresh eggs. We have done all sorts of fun things with the produce. I think my favorite has been the grilled squash.
Along with his craving for fruits and veggies, he has been craving sweets. And that's where things get dangerous.

So the Hubby is a great cook. The Wifey has minimal power against his baked goods. For the past 3 days, he has made some sort of sinfully delicious dessert that I felt obligated to enjoy. I didn't want to hurt his feelings! I could easily place the blame for my 4 pound weight gain on him, but that would be horribly inaccurate. He did not force me to eat the goodness that he made. He didn't even offer a taste. He simply notified me that it was done and in the kitchen. Curiosity got the better of me and off I skipped like a little girl in a toy store. Pavalova. Oh! Em! Gee!!! Three nights in a row! I was in heaven. Or so I thought until I stepped on the scale this morning.

The workout:  Besides the #mamavation candidate workouts posted by @fitmomtraining (when I remember to look for them...) I have also done Wii Fit workout 3 times this week. Plus some (didn't count reps) crunches, set-ups, and walks 30 minutes 3 mornings last week. I guess because of this I don't really understand the gain.

The plan:  So this week I plan to just say no. I will have fruit instead. I can do that. It's sweet and satisfies those cravings. Eye on the prize girl, eye on the prize!  I found out moments ago that I made it as one of the finalists to be the next Mamavation mom. I think I can do this. I have to do this. For myself, my family, and all of the moms out there that need that little push, that extra motivation to reach their goals.

So I have to add 4 pounds back to my weight loss goal. I can do that! It's not going to happen overnight.  This changes my loss to date to 1.3 pounds. It's ok. I'm still on the way to goal!


This post is sponsored by Omron and hosted by Mamavation – a community dedicated to obesity prevention & weight loss for women and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are all making steps in the right direction!! Good luck on reaching your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Baby steps are the way to go. =)

      Delete
  2. Giving up soda is hard so pat your self on the back for that. I think it is amazing that you are starting to make these little changes. Small steps turn into big goals. You've got this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support and encouragement. I truely appreciate it! =)

      Delete
  3. Awesome job giving up soda. That is such a big feat, seriously. So, you have reached one awesome goal! Good luck with the Mamavation Mom hazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support and encouragement. The hazing has been great. Hard, but great! =)

      Delete