Let me just start with this. Pepper, Rachel, Krista and Tina ~ What an awesome group of ladies y'all are! I can't imagine a better set of women to be running for Mamavation Mom with. Y'all are truly inspiring, motivating and courageous women. We may have only met virtually via Mamavation and Twitter, but I feel that we have developed a friendship that outsiders would assume we are long term friends if we were together in person. So I want to say thank you to y'all for that.
Ok, sappy part over. (make sure you click on the links out beside the subtopics. =~)
Conversations with my muscles: Hurt So Good
This week has been great! I have never EVER in my life looked forward to "the E word" (exercising), but I find myself every morning about 9am (central) checking twitter to see what @fitmomtraining has in store for us - and excited about it! Mind over matter here. My body hurts. My muscles scream at my brain "What the heck are you doing!? Don't find it, don't find it, don't.... awe hell! She found it. Now we're going to have to...WHAT! She wants us to do all that? Hey brain, are you listening? Dude, she's not listening." I press on and ignore the desperate pleas of my muscles and work them. The workouts hurt, but feel good.
Hair Show: Armstrong McCall
The video link is talking about the San Antonio, Texas show that happened in 2009, however it is a great explanation of how and why. I was honored to attend the @ArmstrongMcCall World's Fair 2012 at the Austin Convention Center today. What an amazing show! It was my first hair show and I can't wait for the next one. I attended a color class by none other than @BethMinardi herself! WOW! So while I was in hair heaven, I logged 11,226 steps! Rock on!! I still had Mamavation on my mind.
@BethMinardi class
With two of my friends
@Matrix booth
@ArmstrongMcCall show entrance
The Week: Workout Song
Like I said before, my muscles get a bit angry with me, but I drown out their whining with this song and push through. The workouts have been awesome. I failed to get it done Friday evening. We took the kids to a baseball game (Go @RoundRockExpress). It was an awesome evening with the family. My mother-in-law, brother-in-law, 2 nieces, 2 nephews, my husband and I, our 4 boys and my eldest son's girlfriend had a great time cheering on the Express. So I doubled up and did Friday's workout twice on Saturday. Saturday was crazy busy, but I got it all in. So I started the day doing a charity event. We went to Whitestone Assembly of God Church and did free back to school haircuts during their wellness drive. I spoke with a lady who had a booth their. She was giving jump ropes to the kids. She gave me one for my 5 year old, thinking the older kids wouldn't be that into it. I asked for a second one for me. Heck yea! Score. My little workout partner and I will have fun with this once my ankle stops hurting. (Twisted my ankle during the hair show.)
The moment of truth: dun dun dun....
Well, this week has been good. I have stayed on plan as far as eating and exercises (with the exception of Friday), and I feel great! That being said, my wonderful monthly visit arrived yesterday, so this morning's weigh-in includes some extra bloat and water weight. So last week my total weight loss was 1.3 pounds. As of this morning, I'm down another 2.6 for a grand total of 3.9 pounds lost. I almost expect next week's number to be bigger as I won't have the same "problem" as I do now.
Back to School!: Back to School
The little man goes back to school tomorrow. It will be his first day of Kindergarten. The older three go Tuesday. Freshman, Junior and Senior year for them. *deep breath* Time for this Momma to get things ready for an early morning battle with a 5 year-old. I can't wait to talk about how their first week goes! So until next week....




AWESOME JOB with the loss this week!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to have met you too!
-Rach
I regret nothing :) Fantastic work. WOD's are not easy but they are the best butt kicking you can give yourself in a short amount of time! Good luck tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteNew week - new things... like school. Awesome on such exciting last week and good luck on making it through the first school week
ReplyDelete