Sunday, September 2, 2012

New Recipe the kids LOVED and begining the 2 week challenge

First off let me say congrats to @rachhabs and @madhattermom, our new Mamavation Moms!! Way to go girls. Y'all got this!!

I am super stoked about the #Mamavation two week challenge that starts tomorrow. Because of my recent ankle injury, I will be doing the beginner's workout. @MrBookieboo has set up an awesome workout schedule that I am excited to start. My husband (who I can't seem to convince to start a twitter account...) is going to join me "behind the scenes" in the challenge. I'm thinking we may create our own competition for this. We are a competitive couple. We have frequent cook offs which our children judge for us. Fun fun stuff!

Tonight I made a Hamburger and Rice Casserole. My boys said that this recipe was a keeper, so I'll share it with y'all. Hey, it's not often that I get rave reviews from all 5 of them! Yes, you're right, I only have 4 children ~ I'm counting the husband as one of my boys in this. ;)





Ingredients:

1 c. diced celery
1 c. sliced carrots
1 c. diced onion
1 lb extra lean ground beef. (I used 96% lean / 4% fat)
1 c. rice (prepared according to package directions)
2 cans Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup with Roasted Garlic (@CampbellSoupCo)
Salt & Pepper to taste







brown beef and add to veggies
Saute veggies in 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Place rice, beef mixture and soups into casserole dish and mix well






Bake at 325 for 15 - 20 minutes
Supper is served!
                                                                                        











                                                 
I put the ingredients into www.sparkpeople.com  and was able to get nutritional information for this recipe.What a great website!
Make sure you follow @SparkPeople on twitter too for great tips and ideas!














So the @CampbellSoupCo Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic soup added a wonderful flavor to this. You could taste the garlic, however it wasn't overpowering. The taste of the veggies stood out well.

So that is all I have for tonight. It's almost time for the Princess to start her workout!


7 comments:

  1. Oooo, I'm going to have to try this recipe! My toddler is a VERY picky eater and I'm always in search of new things to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the challenge, I'm doing beginner too! I can't wait! You will do great. :) Thanks for the recipe I'll have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck on the challenge. I am excited to start a new one too. Can't wait to hear how you and hubby do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That recipe looks yummy! Good luck with the #2weekchallenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with the challenge. Glad to hear you have a partner to do it with. The support and a healthy dose of competition can really help keep you motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't even focus on a new challenge. I'm starting the Digest Diet on next Monday so I'm stoked about that!

    Best to you on the challenge!

    Michelle
    http://specialmomspace.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your sprained ankle but glad you are able to join the 2 Week Challenge! That's great that your husband is joining you. Mine did the mountain climbers before I started my workout and then I kicked him out of the room! ;)

    Your new recipe looks yummy! Congrats on everyone liking it, that's not an easy task!

    ReplyDelete