Last post I was talking about giving up. I was in physical and emotional pain - and feeling sorry for myself. I have to tell ya, I wasn't just talking about giving up, I had given up. Well, my Mamavation Sistas pulled me out of my slump. I can't tell you how wonderful it felt to have the love of all of these beautiful women kicking my ass back into gear. There are two types of family. Those you are born with and marry into, and those you chose. Well...the Mamavation Sistas are definitely my chosen family!
So I can't do the exact workouts that may be tweeted out by @fitmomtraining, I can do many of them. And the ones I can't do? I can modify, right? When the pain of my condition prevents walking I can use my InStride Cycle Pedal Exerciser. Hidradenitis doesn't prevent me from doing crunches. I can still do push ups, sit ups and I can still hold a plank. I can do jumping jacks without raising my arms completely over head. I can still lift weights. And you know what? The "bumpies" are starting to go down. I can do any workout I want without modification when they are gone. I'm still doing some research to find a way to keep these horrible sores from returning. I had been bumpie free for almost a year when I had this last outbreak. I honestly think that the caffeine I started to consume on a daily basis along with stress triggered their unwelcome return. I can drink unleaded coffee and tea. Why not? I'm sure there are natural ways to wake me up without caffeine. And to say that I can't offer support to my sistas, just because I've got a boo-boo? How selfish is that!? I am so sorry ladies!!
The stress this condition is causing on my marriage is still there, but even that is something I'm learning to deal with. We went on two date nights this weekend. That is a really big deal, y'all! The last time he and I went on a date night was May of 2011. And the time before that? January, 2008. How do I know exactly when? May, 2011, we saw Hangover 2 in the theater. In '08 we saw Gran Torino in the theater. This time we went out for dinner on Saturday and Sunday nights. I stayed on program both nights, with a little bit of naughty Sunday. We had a gift card to Dahlia Cafe in Liberty Hill. I had grilled Salmon with fresh green beans and sauteed spinach. I drank water. Sunday night we went to Texas Land and Cattle where I had a 6 ounce sirloin, mushrooms and onion, and steamed broccoli. I did have a Mexican Martini and he and I shared a slice of cheese cake for dessert. Ya gotta treat yourself on occasion to keep from falling completely off the healthy wagon. I think my favorite part of the weekend when my husband looked at me the way he did Sunday night. I wore a cute little leopard print mini dress (fat girl mini - just barely showing the knees, y'all) with my suede boots. I don't remember the last time he looked at me like that. And when he told me that I looked hot? WOW! You know those posts on facebook that talk about how a woman wants to be called beautiful instead of hot? I'm here to tell ya, hearing that I looked hot was awesome! That got me thinking... I don't remember the last time someone told me that I looked hot - well, except during the summer time when they were talking about temperature and telling me that I should go inside to the air conditioner.
Anywho, I'm back in action! I'm working out, eating healthy, and about to be shedding the pounds and inches! Thank you, @bookieboo, for not accepting my resignation from the Sistahood. Thank you #Mamavation Sistas for making me realize how stupid I was being. I love each of you!
You are making me tear up reading this. You and your hubby deserved the happiness of that moment he called you hot. You are awesome!!! Do what you need to do physically and with what you consume. Wishing you health!
ReplyDeleteSo happy you're back!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE reading this!!! You rock, girl!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post! I agree, the Mamavation moms are definitely family now! SO glad to have found y'all!! And yay for date nights!
ReplyDeletegreat post momma :) We're here to support you!
ReplyDelete